Module 4: Community and Rural Development through Groups, January 2003.
Adult & Community Education, NUIM.
This module addresses the concept, role, and aspects of groups in rural and community development. The collective approach to participative development requires a high level of knowledge and skill in group work. Utilising the human potential of groups is one of the great challenges of rural and community development. This is especially vital when the local development target group is marginalised and disadvantaged. It is through building the people that we can rejuvenate rural areas and communities.
This module is made up of five units.
• Unit 1: Participatory Development: A vital Concept in Local Development
• Unit 2: Groups? What are they and how do they work!
• Unit 3: Working in Groups: A Key Skill in Rural Development
• Unit 4: The Process of Group Development; The Role of Facilitator
• Unit 5: What Is Leadership In Local Development?; Groups and Staff; Working Together?
NOTE: 2 files attached. 1) pdf document 2) MS Powerpoint with voice over
Repository Staff Only(login required)
||Item control page